Bursary Courses 2021
Bakels Innovation Centre: Tuesday 14th – Thursday 16th September 2021
Bakels Innovation Centre, Granville Way, Bicester, Oxon OX26 4JT
The Worshipful Company of Bakers is delighted to announce a further course at the Bakels Innovation Centre located at Bicester on Oxfordshire.
This course will include hands-on work, demonstrations and a team competition to test your innovative skills. Costs of accommodation, tuition and meals are included in this offer. Please bring your own whites and safety shoes.
- You must be over 18 years of age at the time of the course
- You must be available to attend on the dates stated above
- You must have completed at least 1 year of full-time bakery education, or the equivalent of a recognised training course or apprenticeship
- You must be able to demonstrate by portfolio that you have had some experience of working in a commercial bakery, e.g. part-time work, placement, work experience, internship, etc. Your portfolio should be a MAXIMUM of 6 pages long, and submitted electronically with your application form
9.00am: Arrive BBC Meet & Greet
Introductions: Each delegate will present themselves indicating name, where they are from, which level are they presently working at, what do they feel are their strengths. What are the areas on which they require to work? What do they expect to gain from attending the course?
Overview of the agenda:
- Site Tour, split into 3 groups
- Background to the Bakels Group and British Bakels
- NPD Presentation
- Bakels procedure for NPD, process from idea/opportunity to launch
- Bread Improver presentation
- Marketing Presentation
- Bakels product range
- Careers within the industry presentation
- Plans for the technical part of the course explained
Evening: Dinner at Pizza Express Bicester
9.00am: Demonstration on various Bread & morning goods
Overview of the agenda:
- Teams to work together to produce their own version following the demonstration
- Demonstration on scratch mix for cake/sponges presenting recipes
- Teams to work together to produce their own version
Evening: Meal at Cabbage Thai Rest
AM: The innovation work in teams
PM: Team presentations to Bakels staff, Henry Jeffries and the Master of the WCB. A prize will be presented to the team with the best idea
To finish each member to make a presentation on how they found the course and what they have gained by attending any influences that may make changes which direction they wish to follow their career going forward.
Certificates will be awarded to each delegate at the end of course.
NB: Itinerary dates are fixed but the programme content may be subject to changes
Prospective candidates should download and complete the application form below and email to:
Overseas Summer Course Richemont
It is with regret the Worshipful Company of Bakers announce the Richemont School Course has been reset to 26th July - 30th July 2021.
Please be advised this course is now fully booked.