Overseas Summer Course Richemont
Richemont School: Sunday 26th July – Friday 31st July inclusive
The Worshipful Company of Bakers is pleased to announce that the overseas Summer Course in 2020 will take place at the internationally renowned Richemont School in Lucerne, Switzerland.
This prestigious course will enhance the skills and knowledge of students who are already at a fairly advanced level of their bakery education, so the applications criteria this year have been modified accordingly. Please read these carefully
To be eligible for this course you MUST:
- Be available to travel on the dates specified above
- Be 20 years or older at the time of travel
- Hold a valid passport that will not expire before 31st January 2021; and any visa documentation (if you need it)
- Have 3 years of bakery education in a university or college; or the equivalent level of apprenticeship or industry training.
- Be able to demonstrate by portfolio that you have at least 1 year of experience in commercial bakery – i.e. part time jobs, work placements, internships, etc.
Please do not apply unless you fulfil these criteria. They have been set to ensure that the delegates who are awarded places have the necessary level of basic knowledge and experience to keep pace with the course content. Your tutor and employer(s) will be asked to submit a supporting reference for your application, and you will be required for interview as part of the selection process. You will be notified on January 4th if you have been selected for interview and the interviews will be conducted regionally in late January/Early February 2020.
The costs of travel to and from Lucerne, meals, accommodation and your tuition fees will be covered by the bursary. You will also receive a personalised set of Bakery Whites: please bring your own safety shoes.
Bakels Innovation Centre: Tuesday 15th September – Thursday 17th September 2020 inclusive
The Worshipful Company of Bakers is delighted to announce a further course at the Bakels Innovation Centre located at Bicester on Oxfordshire.
This course will include hands-on work, demonstrations and a team competition to test your innovative skills. Costs of accommodation, tuition and meals are included in this offer. Please bring your own whites and safety shoes.
- You must be over 18 years of age at the time of the course
- You must be available to attend on the dates stated above
- You must have completed at least 1 year of full-time bakery education, or the equivalent of a recognised training course or apprenticeship
- You must be able to demonstrate by portfolio that you have had some experience of working in a commercial bakery, e.g. part-time work, placement, work experience, internship, etc. Your portfolio should be a MAXIMUM of 6 pages long, and submitted electronically with your application form